There are many reasons why people choose to transfer property. Some common reasons include:
- Transfer between family members
- Due to marriage
- As a result of a marriage breakdown
- One of the parties of a joint ownership property has passed away
Whatever the situation, the legal process involved will be different for every matter. It is important that you have a qualified property lawyer as they will know the conveyancing process involved in transferring property for your particular situation.
Castro Legal can assist by:
- Advising you of the stamp duty amount payable. In some cases, you may be exempt to pay stamp duty.
- Preparing and submitting Exemption of Stamp duty application forms (if applicable).
- Preparing all necessary property transfer documents and execution of the documents by all parties.
- Liasing with your mortgagee, if applicable, to have the property transferred.
- Attending settlement.
Contact us now for more information or to speak to an experienced lawyer.