What is Probate?
Probate is recognition of the Will’s validity and permission from the Supreme Court for the Executors named in the Will of the deceased to carry out their duties in relation to the Estate. If you are the Executor of an estate, you will likely need a grant of Probate to deal with the assets of an estate, such as selling property, obtaining bank funds and distributing gifts to beneficiaries.
How can Castro Legal help with the Probate process?
We can assist with:
- Advising you on the rights and duties of an Executor
- Assisting you to locate and collect the deceased’s assets
- Preparing an Inventory of the deceased’s assets
- Obtaining a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration
- Publishing the required Notice of Intended Application for Probate
- Preparing all legal documents and eliminating unnecessary errors
- Filing the legal documents at the Supreme Court
- Publishing a Notice once Probate has been granted
We aim to keep you fully informed of the matter and to have the Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration obtained without delay.
Professional costs in obtaining Letters of Administration are regulated by the Legal Profession Uniform Application Act 2004 which calculates the professional costs according to the gross value of the estate’s assets. Castro Legal will provide to you full disclosure of the costs before commencing an application for Letters of Administration.
Contact us for more information or to speak to an experienced deceased estates lawyer.